Seeing the word ‘Feng Shui’ in the title of this article, the question must be raised in the mind, these are the words of which country? Why are they here? Many, however, are familiar with the words. Feng Shui is originally a Chinese term. It is a type of practice through which it is possible to create a comfortable environment in a particular place by increasing harmony with nature.
Feng Shui helps to infuse positive energy into the home through showpieces or home decor items. Chinese people believe that feng shui tricks can change fortune. That’s why they follow the rules of Feng Shui in decorating the house. Let’s give some tips to decorate the bedroom following these feng shui rules.
What to do?
1. Is the bed in the right place?
Bed placement is very important in feng shui. Make sure your bed is in a commanding position. This means that when you are in your bed, positioning it so that you can see your door but don’t place it so far away that you can open it from the bed. Make sure it is located as far away from your door as possible, but not directly in line with your door. And place the bed with a headboard (The headboard is a vertical panel attached to one end of the bed) against a solid, supporting wall.
2. Decorate the house with wind chimes
Wind chimes can be placed in the bedroom according to Feng Shui rules. Wind chimes have special significance in Feng Shui. There are various types of wind chimes available in the market now. You can choose these wind chimes made of brass, clay, wood or cloth as you like to decorate your house.
The more sound the wind chime produces, the more positive energy it creates in the room. Practitioners of Feng Shui believe that it will also improve their financial condition.
3. Emphasize pairs
In Feng Shui, it is believed that pairing things together is good. If possible, use pegs when placing small furniture or other objects. For example, use two nightstands on either side of the bed. Place two pillows on the bed. Do not go to keep two beds or two dressing tables! Later on the opposite can happen. By matching up, your room will end up being a pile of furniture.
4. Keep all drawers and doors closed when not in use
Feng Shui bedroom rules discourage unnecessary opening of doors or wardrobe or side table drawers. If you come from outside and see such a drawer of furniture open, close it immediately. Pay special attention to this matter especially before going to sleep. The Chinese believe that this will help you fall asleep faster and sleep more comfortably.
5. Do not mess with the color of the walls
A feng shui bedroom should be painted with colors that bring an atmosphere of calm. Use neutral colors for furniture, bedding and accessories. Traditionally primary colors, such as red and blue, are usually not very good choices.
You can combine colors that represent different elements, but make sure they are not too bright or overwhelming.
6. How should the light be?
Soft lighting is good feng shui in the bedroom. Emitting light from table and desk lamps is ideal for feng shui bedrooms. Also, try to add as much natural light as possible from windows. Avoid using bright lights. If you want, you can also use chili light. As it will enhance the beauty of the room, it will also create a light and comfortable atmosphere in the room.
7. Are you forgetting about the artwork?
An artwork is a reflection of one’s personal life or how one lives one’s life. Feng shui places importance on hanging artwork in the room. The best way to do this is to create artwork with your family photos and hang them on the wall. Besides, natural or religious scenes can also be used as artwork.
What not to do?
- The underneath of the bed should not be made into a store for storing things. The space should be kept as empty as possible.
- Place the bed in a place where the mirror will not face or the light reflected from the mirror will not disturb your sleep.
- If the house is messy then the mind will not be able to do anything. So the house cannot be kept messy. Keep all things in place.
- It is better not to put water or water-like objects in the feng shui bedroom. Even if there is any water art hanging on the wall, remove it too.
- Trees can add extra energy to a bedroom. Excess energy is not good for the feng shui bedroom. Therefore, trees cannot be kept in the bedroom.
- You can keep books in the bedroom but not too much. Additional books turn the room into a storehouse. The result can create a suffocating environment.
- TVs, laptops and smartphones in the bedroom can all disrupt your sleep. They release electromagnetic energy. They emit this energy even when they are not in use. If you can’t get rid of your phone at night, keep it at least 10 feet away from your bed.