How to Clean Sofa
The most used furniture in the living room is a sofa set. Chatting with relatives or sitting with friends watching a series on Netflix or a game of your favorite team, all on this sofa! Since this sofa is used the most in the living room, it is very normal for the sofa to get stained or dirty. If the sofa looks dirty, it does not look good, and it also spoils the beauty of the living room. In today’s blog, we will share with you how you can clean your sofa very easily. With any further ado, let’s know the tricks-
Using a palm frond rib broom is very common to clean the sofa fabric. Use a soft bristle brush instead of a broom for dusting. If a soft bristle brush is not available, use a broom softly.
- Cotton Cloth
Tea and coffee commonly spill on sofas because we typically drink them while seated there. Therefore, if tea or coffee spills, clean the area right away with a white, soft cotton cloth. If necessary, wet the cloth with a little water and wipe the area. Also, use a cotton cloth to clean the dust and dirt on the wooden part of the sofa.
- Vacuum Cleaner
The best way to clean a sofa is to clean it with a vacuum cleaner. It deep cleans the dust on the sofa which may not be possible with a broom or brush. If the sofa is cleaned with something like liquid, a vacuum cleaner should be used. The vacuum cleaner absorbs the moisture in the sofa very well and helps deep clean.
- Baking Soda
Baking soda is commonly used for baking, but it is also very effective in cleaning sofa fabric. Mix one tablespoon of dishwashing liquid, one tablespoon of vinegar, and one cup of warm water in a spray bottle. Then mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda in that mixture. Spray the mixture carefully on the affected area of the sofa fabric and wipe it with a soft cotton cloth after 10-15 minutes. Two to three times this process can remove broth-like or tea-coffee stains from the sofa.
Alcohol is very effective in removing stains. If there is a stain on the sofa, try to remove the stain as soon as possible by soaking cotton in alcohol and gently rubbing the stained area. But do not soak the fabric with alcohol for too long.
- Recommended Spray
Many furniture manufacturers now supply sofa fabric stain removers with sofas. Therefore, use that spray to remove any stains on the fabric.
If there is a lot of dirt on the sofa, you should take the help of an expert instead of cleaning it yourself. Moreover, if the weave of the fabric is slightly twisted, clean the sofa with the help of an expert. Otherwise, there is a possibility of completely ruining the sofa fabric.
Tips to keep the sofa in good condition-
- Do not place the sofa in direct sunlight. The brightness of the sofa is lost very quickly.
- You can use a sofa cover on the sofa if needed. This will protect the sofa fabric from getting unwanted stains or dirt
- Give the sofa cushions a good shake at least once a week to keep the cushions fluffy.
- Do not place sofas near the cooking area. The smoke created during cooking can get stuck in the sofa and cause a bad smell later.
- Scratches from pets such as cats or dogs can damage sofa fabric and color. If you have pets at home, keep their nails short.
- Clean the sofa with a vacuum cleaner every month or once in two months. It will keep the sofa fabric always new.